This episode is Copyright © 2014 by Historical Research and Consulting LLC. All Rights Reserved.
“Large Splashes” sample courtesy of CGEffex, taken from www.freesound.org
“Splash” sample courtesy of Kayyy, taken from www.freesound.org
“Water Splashes” sample courtesy of soundscalpel.com, taken from www.freesound.org
“Battle of Elements” sample courtesy of homejrande, taken from www.freesound.org
“Sea Waves” sample courtesy of dkustic, taken from www.freesound.org
“Distant Horns” sample courtesy of Danmitch3ll, taken from www.freesound.org
“Ambient Battle Noise” sample courtesy of pfranzen, taken from www.freesound.org
Fair use is claimed for all other sound clips.
Some of the works referenced in this podcast include
- Lionel Casson. The Ancient Mariners. 2d ed. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1991.
- Lionel Casson. Ships and Seamanship in the Ancient World. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1995.
- David Fabre. Seafaring in Ancient Egypt. London: Periplus, 2004/05.
- Robert Gardiner, ed. The Earliest Ships. London: Conway Maritime Press, 1996.
- Paul Johnstone. The Sea-Craft of Prehistory. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1980.
- Lincoln Paine. The Sea and Civilization: A Maritime History of the World. New York: Knopf, 2013.
- John Holland Rose. The Mediterranean in the Ancient World. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1934.
- Ellen Churchill Semple. The Geography of the Mediterranean Region: Its Relation to Ancient History. New York: Henry Holt and Co., 1931.
- Adrian K Wood, Warships of the Ancient World: 3000-500 BC. New York: Osprey Publishing, 2013.